3-8-2006 Out of Order Post

Posted by T

If you are reading this most likely you are a friend of a family member. That being said there are both friends and family that either we have never met or have not talked to in a long time. So I thought I would post some of the facts about us that will fill in the blanks for people.
I am 28 soon to be 29 Scott turned 31 in December and my birthday is in April. I am an Aires and as a funny side note Scott has dated a lot of Aries women. As a general rule I am rather stubborn and strongly opinionated, I like to think of it as passionate. We were married in 2000 after having known each other a total of four and a half months and having dated for about a whole thirty seconds or two weeks, before getting engaged. We met in a production of Stoppards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead in which I played Ophelia and Scott was one of the Players. The first time I met Scott was at the call back audition and I sat down and started to talk to some of the people there. I was immediatley attracted to him. However a blonde woman came in and she knew Scott from college and he turned his attention to her. I was a bit put off but still I was thrilled when I found him at the first read through in which we tried to sit together he was attracted to my hands and I was annoyed that someone sat between us on the couch. Skip ahead a few weeks I thought my future husband was gay, a common misconception becuase all the gay men hit on him and he didn't freak out. Logical conclusion on my part was he was either of the mo persuasion or he was a coming and going guy. It turns out my husband just happens to be a very kind and friendly man who wouldn't be rude to anyone of any persuasion. This actually made it easier for us in the long run becuase we became friends and I could talk to him very easily becuase in my mind I didn't have to wonder if we could or would date. Needless to say I thought he was great and I could talk to him about anything so it came as a mack ton truck suprise when after the show started it's run he asked me out and I realized that I thought he was the cutest, funniest, sexiest and smartest guy I had ever met. Add the fact that we were good friends and a bit of moonlight you get falling in love and feeling like your walking on air. We were set to get married in Feb. but jumped the gun and eloped in January. I figured I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him so why not start sooner than later. We still had the wedding and it was lots of fun but I felt like being married to this man was more important than the act of getting married. I didn't need a fairy tale wedding to feel like a princess he made me feel like that all the time. Six years, two kids, one move, three dogs, and lots of things in between and I still feel like I did the first night he kissed me. I never want to leave his side. Having said that the funny thing is with Scott's job, which deserves a blog entery of it's own, has caused us to spend almost an entire year of our lives living in different states. It means that at any time of night or day he may be required to leave me without telling me where he is going or when he is returning. With a chance that if something goes wrong horribly wrong he won't be coming back. Scott's job is a huge part of who we are and what we believe in. It is committment that we made together and it is part of why I love him so dearly. He believes in freedom, that we should be free to make our own choices even if he doesn't agree with them. He believes in a greater good in the world and in helping others.

0 comments: